Tuesday, March 22, 2011

C4K Summary 4,5,and 6

Kids holding hands around the world
C4K #4
Mr. Wolfe’s Class
A student in Mr. Wolfe’s class wrote about orangutans.  She spoke of what orangutans eat and where they reside.  I responded to her by saying that orangutans are so cute!!! They also are very smart creatures.  I would love to visit the forests or the places that they reside or live.  I think it is so strange that orangutans eat bark.  I would think that would hurt their mouths.  Strange creatures, those orangutans!  I also find it interesting that they sleep and hang out in the trees.  That would be like me or you hanging out in a tree house all the time.  That would be pretty neat.  Something else that would be fun is that, if we were an orangutan we would get to travel from tree to tree by swinging on the branches by using our long arms.

C4K # 5
Pt. England School -Mrs. Nua
A student named Kalim in Mrs. Nua’s class wrote a story about him being home a while before his grandmother arrived home.  He described this as a holiday.  I responded to his story by telling him how interesting his story was.  I also told him that I especially liked it due to it being straight from his heart.  His story is something that happened to him which makes it very special. From the very beginning of his story it just made me want to keep reading, so I could see what happened next. I also told him how it seemed like he had a very interesting holiday!

C4K # 6
Ms. Engelhard
A student in Ms. Engelhard’s class named Grace wrote a story about a Dalmatian that went on vacation. I responded to her story by telling her how cute it was and that I really enjoyed reading it.  I told her how I could only imagine that the Dalmatian had quite an adventure.  I also mentioned to her that I was sure at the end of the Dalmatian’s adventure or vacation he or she probably wished it would have stayed home, but everyone needs a vacation sometime.  I told her that at least the Dalmatian got to experience the vacation he or she always wanted to go on.  I gave her encouraging words: to keep up the creative writing and that she did a very good job on her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment