Thursday, March 31, 2011

C4T # 3

TED ideas worth spreading icon


Post #1


I was required to read the blog entitled, "21 apples" by: arvind s. grover.  Yes, his name is in all lower case letters.  In the latest blog post by Mr. grover he put a video entitled, “Salman Khan takes to the TED stage to present flipping the classroom is working” and basically it was about this guy named Salman Khan and how he began helping his cousins, basically tutoring them and he began putting up some of the lessons on YouTube.  Eventually the videos became a big hit and people began using the videos for help with various subjects. 


 I responded to Mr. grover by saying how I really enjoyed watching the video and how great it is that someone would post something very useful and helpful for others.   I believe it is a great idea that other teachers like you are producing videos. Some students work better on their own, so to speak.  Like Mr. Khan was saying, some students learn on their own time and with using the videos he or she can rewind, pause, etc. instead of in person having to get frustrated with tutors. He makes some very interesting points.  Thank you so much for putting this video up.  Now, I can share the video with others and it could possibly help students in need with problem subjects.  I also agree with you about the data information he presented being very powerful.


Here is a link to the video




An image with twitter, facebook, and youtube


Post # 2

I was required to read and comment on Mr. arvind s. grover’s blog post entitled, “  Nicholas Kristoff does social media, why don't you? The teacher's toolkit.

In his blog post Mr. Grover said that while reading Nicholas Kristoff’s article he noticed a small clipping of text that caught his attention.  The text read:

"I invite you to comment on this column on my blog, On the Ground. Please also join me on Facebook, watch my Youtube videos and follow me on Twitter."
Mr. Grover said he found it interesting that Mr. Nicholas Kristoff uses Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube as a journalist toolkit.  He states that this should be a teacher’s toolkit as well.
I commented to Mr. grover by saying I too agree with you about having a blog, a Facebook page, a YouTube account, and a Twitter account being a journalist's toolkit but just as importantly a teacher's toolkit. Teachers should use Twitter, YouTube, or a blog. This could be very beneficial for the teacher as well as the student. While in my EDM 310 class that requires us to have a blog etc. I have seen that communication is so easy through the use of a blog, Twitter, as well as YouTube.  You make a very good point with just one sentence.  I wish I could sum up what I want to say in one sentence. Thank you so much for allowing me to read your blog as well as comment on it.  Again I will be summarizing your post as well as my comment and posting it on my blog. Here is my blog if you would like to comment or view it..... Thanks again ...visit myblog

No comments:

Post a Comment